Hi Everyone! So today is finally the day of the big auction for Leo on Mollie's blog. I do hope you'll stop by and maybe bid on something - remember that all proceeds are going to benefit Savannah's friend Leo who is piling up a lot of medical bills to treat his Hepatic Lipidosis Syndrome.I'm going over as soon as my Mom gets up this morning - after all, she's the one with the money - I do have a little change in my kitty bank but Mom's got that paper stuff along with some plastic stuff so she's got me beat!
At last! The weather and my motivation for picture taking have joined together and I snapped this barn on the way to the nusery to buy flower faces for the Tiny Ten. Poor old thing. It has definitely seen better days and I don’t think anybody is giving it any love. I loved it enough to give it a chance for Barn Charm!
Click above for more barns with charm!
SomeBODY needs to explain this to me. What does this muffler thing do for you? I snapped this at Steak&Shake in Jefferson City, MissouREE. I know someBODY loves this car. I could learn to love it. Maybe.
If you read this blog at all regularly, you'll know that the last couple of weeks catching a local stray who has been making a nuisance of himself, and looking a sorry state, has been high on my agenda.
So you'll understand that last night I rewarded myself with a large glass of red wine. Ginger (his screen name) was safely delivered to the cattery where they run a small cat rescue charity on the side.
For you iPhone and iPad users that have worry trying to boss you around at night….
BrainWave AlteredStates App!
*I am NOT hearing anything freaky or creepy on this app! And no nightmares either!!
I have also downloaded White Noise. Very nice. I prefer it over AlteredStates because it is much easier to use.
A big huge thank you to Stella! This is our late great Z Cat that she cartooned on a mouse pad. She does it from her store on her blog Mollie and Alfie. I think it is so dang cute. We will be putting it on the wall or just setting it on the sun porch table! Stella you did great! A stand up happy tail, green eyes and her red brick nose!
And this little bunny timer was in the package! So cute!! Stella you are too funny.. Thank you so much. We are getting a kick out of him. Hey, he needs a name!
I am taking this Sunday again this year to remember this kitty. Not that I don’t think of her every single day several times each day. She is so missed. Our Z Cat, Country Cat, Fuzz Face, Fuzz Butt, Z Catter. And she isn’t the only pet we think about on Pet Remembrance Day. There are more loved kitties, four dogs, horses, two feathery funny cockatiels, a Green Cheek Conure Bud Bird and a few hamsters. So many that made our hearts lighter and taught us lessons about how to love and how to live. To live in the moment and live every moment with happiness. All my pets taught me about kindness. Last year’s Pet Remembrance post was inspired by Isobel at IsobelandCat’s blog. She had recently lost her cat Freddie and I thought her idea of Pet Remembrance Day was the sweetest thing to remember all our pets. Because it isn’t just my pets and CH’s pets we will be thinking about today, but the pets all over the world that have made their human’s life richer, filled with laughter, tears and the pure happiness of companionship. Z Cat you are tucked tightly in a very special place in my heart. I know you are there. I feel and see you every day. You came at a special time in my life and saved me in so many ways. Thank you.
So tonight CH and I will light candles and put them in the window and we will raise a glass of Missouri wine in the happy remembrance of all the pets that found their way into hearts all over the world and made us better people and taught us about love and respect and dignity till the end. And we will celebrate the pets that are living and filling hearts with their sweet companionship.
- “Nashville is 1 of 5 best places in the world to see in 2013″-Conde Nast Traveler. Nashville’s nightlife has one kickin’ rockin’ LOUD thumpin’ life of its own even on a Thursday night. Downtown was rockin’ and kickin’ until three in the morning when we were there on Valentine’s Day 2013 for Smokey Robinson’s date at the Schermerhorn Symphony. I am too old for all that nightlife. I was ready to curl up on the couch in our beautiful comfy hotel room and browse blogs but Mr. Smokey Robinson’s concert didn’t start until 8. I am too old for eight ohhhh clock! Downtown Honky Tonk Central taken from our top floor window.
- It snowed in our little bit of Missouri last night and it gave me a cranky that I still have this morning. More snow is coming Saturday night and Sunday. I predict an extended state of cranky. I predict the cranky to not lift until Missouri’s weather behaves more Springlike as it should for late March. Our daffies are defeated by the snow.
- Facebook is beyond my comprehension. What was I thinking?
- I love to Tweet.. I love Twitter!
- There is a starling hanging about our Tiny Ten that is entirely too much of a busybody around the bird houses that have been chosen by Rooster Wren and the Bluebirds. His character is questionable. And that is being nice. Arnie the Darling Starling~Margarete Sigl Corbo and Diane Marie Barras. I have this book and have read it many times. Our starling is no Arnie.
So I have a blog friend that is a hooker. A hooker of rugs of course. I have been following Kim at her blog Millie’s Mats for a long time. I won a giveaway on her blog a few years back, a lovely autumn leaf mat that sits on my coffee table year round. Recently she was hooking a chicken that began to take on a life of its own for me. Chicky Kim was calling her, giving her life don’t you know. I am doing a new room that is supposed to be my room for a little me time away from the TV and to just be. I decided I wanted Miss Chicky, who evolved into a pillow. I had ordered two chairs (had to be two chairs cause someBODY in the house was not to be denied) back in November which were finally delivered last week and I emailed Kim a shot of the chairs to see if Miss Chicky would do to roost in the new room. It was a go! And so I got mail.
Miss Chicky came flat and I stuffed her and she came to roost in the new room which is still in transition. A sweet little blue dishcloth made by Kim was included cause she just does thoughtful nice things like that.
My Spring Chicken, Miss Chicky thanks to Kim!
She is just the cutest, Miss Chicky. Kim too! Visit Kim’s blog Millie’s Mats, she features Rug Hooking and Everyday Life. She has a link to her Etsy shop where she sells her lovely beautiful quality hooked rugs.
Room in the process of trying to find its personality, its individuality, its Pix-ness. I am planning on putting up some of my barn shots and little birds of all kinds will probably find their way to this room. The room does snoop out into the back woods and flowerbed that is full of birds and their feathery goings on. You might notice that Iris and Flo had to get all up in the redo. Those chairs keep changing colors, couldn’t be the picture taker. The chairs are true to color in the middle shot. More red but kinda leaning towards cranberry..
Good thing I didn’t title this Wordless Wednesday!
We had our first afternoon out Under the Oaks yesterday afternoon listening to Mr. Smokey Robinson’s Time Flies and watching the Bluebirds fighting over a bluebird house. We have six bluebird houses but they all wanted the same one. It has been a long wait to get back out Under the Oaks. That is not my beer. I was drinking water. Seriously. I know! Hard to believe, huh? Which brings me to my Random Five this Friday.
- I drink lots of water. I drink between 8 and 10 20 FL OZ bottles of water every day.
- I was born without tonsils or wisdom teeth. Lucky me!
- Six months after my 16th birthday my Dad took me to get my driver’s license. When he parked the car he turned the front wheels into the curb. I did not take note of that maneuver. I jumped out and got behind the wheel, oh happy day! Officer Friendly, with his little brown clipboard ducked his flat top haircut head under the door frame and sat down. I started the car and put it in drive and was met with some resistance. Officer Friendly said that I might want to give it a little more gas. I did. I ran over the curb and hit the parking meter. I didn’t get my driver’s license for another six months. I actually am a very good driver. Ask my family.
- My first car was a turquoise VW Beetle with a stick. I have owned 5 Beetles but am now without a Beetle.
- I am not able to go a day without spooning out and eating a blob of Jiff Hazelnut and Chocolate spread followed by a glob of Jiff PB.
Aren’t they just too cute? I found them at dou dou. I fall in love with all her darling teeny sculptures. I enjoy her blog too..
They flit all around the house. I never know where I am going to find their cute colorful selves.
Oh yeah. Wordless. Right.
- CH, the Husband for 39 years, baked his first loaf of Challah bread. I know what you are thinking as you look at that monster loaf of bread. It’s OK, his feelings will survive your giggles, snickers and laughter. It looks like Challah bread on steroids. That is just his manly man version of a challah braid. It didn’t affect the taste. It was delicious! Crunchy sweet crust on the outside and that lovely pale yellow sweet bread inside. All gone now having been hoovered down with lots of buttah. CH is the bread maker in our house.
- My heart loves the book That Quail Robert by Margaret Stanger.
- I haven’t filled up the gas tank for over two years in either of our vehicles. Sadder than sad. My head is hanging down in shame. I have a retired husband. He is home all the time. He is home ALL THE TIME..
- I could live on bread and butter, homemade noodles and mashed potatoes.
- I am a worrier. An Olympic worthy worrier.
Nancy from A Rural Journal has started a new photo meme and it is all about textures! I have been reading Nancy’s blog for a long time and when she started sharing her textures I made sure to grab them when she offered. I love Nancy’s sense of funny and now she has made me all texture happy with this new meme and offering her textures in a newsletter. Click over to Nancy’s blog, A Rural Journal for her beautiful pictures, texture work and her wonderful sense of humor. She has an interesting serious side too. Thank you Nancy for Tuesday Muse!
The kitty is Izzy. She spent a bit of time with us two summers ago before she went to the home that she was meant to be happy in.
No other option for the roll. Anything else is just wrong.
I set up a nice little wine time with bruschetta and gave the whole happy afternoon event the color orange so I could do a color coordinated post about them boots waaaay back when Big Brown came bouncing down the road with them. Bruschetta fixings came from St. Louis, MO and my favorite food store Dierbergs. CH is so wanting to get busy with that bruschetta but I won’t let him touch nothin’ till I get a shot of them boots! See that smile.
Now that’s a picture!
Valentine’s Day was an experience of a lifetime for me. Smokey Robinson live at the Schermerhorn Symphony in Nashville last night! What a legend. I will get back to blog commenting and visiting when we get home!
I feel like Bigfoot Sasquatch walkin’ around in them. Especially around the house. Them boots feel so good on my feets I don’t want to take them off.
I think I need some more…
Shhhhhhhhhhh. It’s Wordless Wednesday.
Pictures by CH.
That oh so attractive white sewer looking pipe is not a sewer pipe.
It is a very fancy attractive protect the birdbath heater cord from the squirrels pipe.
My wonderful husband, that would be CH and that would be the same CH and husband that leaves the milk jug in the fridge with a half a thimbleful of milk in it, well he has done a most wonderful thing. I have loved Mr. Smokey Robinson’s music all my life. He performed with Daryl Hall, yes of Hall and Oats in a relaxed kind of jam session at Daryl’s house and I have that saved to my computer(and iPhone and iPad)but CH has been recording all of the episodes of Live From Daryl’s House to catch the repeat without me knowing. It recorded last night and I went jumping up and down happy cause now I can see Mr. Smokey Robinson with Daryl and Tom “T-Bone” Wolk(T-Bone sadly died in 2010)on the big screen with the speakers thumpin’ some Smokey old time tunes! The entire episode is on You Tube but it takes about an hour to watch. If you like Smokey and Daryl Hall and have some extra time it is worth the watch.
It is pure magic!
Live From Daryl’s House~Smokey Robinson
And we have tickets to see Smokey live!!!
*You Tube came after me and told me I couldn’t have Smokey and Daryl’s video here so I thought I better respect their request. They put a big old red X here and removed it. Sorry. The link still takes you to the wonderful Smokey episode.
And YES, it’s empty. Teeny bit of milk layin’ there in the bottom.
SomeBODY must of thought we would need a half a thimblefull.
*I know it’s not Wordless. I’ll work on that next Wednesday.
**My 100th post! Took two years!!
So I find myself inspired today by my blog friends. That is some most excellent inspiration I think we would all agree. Inspired by Dianna at These Days of Mine. Linda at The Road Awaits. Sam and Pam at One Spoiled Cat and Margie at Latebloomerbuds.
I LOVE Mondays. Sundays I love more. Sam(and Pam)inspired me to shout that out. I really love this Monday cause while I also love CH he is gone all day to the BIG CITY with The Mama and sometimes I need a day to myself to let my wild and crazy out to play. So, I am going to buy a pair of Sorel winter boots and thanks to Miss Linda of the Road Awaits I am going to buy a wireless remote for my camera! Dianna got that purchase rolling with her post today about traveling tripods and kissing Motor Man and then Linda added more incentive in Dianna’s comments with the wireless remote that her hubby purchased. Margie inspired the snap of the jetty in Venice, Florida.
CH when you get your wandering to St. Louis and eating good St. Louis food person home you can blame all these gal pals in the links for my happy Monday inspirations. Boots. There are no words to express my love of boots. Wireless remote. And dang a blog post before a month or two sauntered by in a PROcrastinating teasing kind of way. I did manage to pass on the inspiration of a couple of friends to add a horse to the Tiny Ten. Today’s 19 degree high and memories of breaking up iced water buckets and hauling fresh water with my nose hairs frozen together was an inspiration killer.